Mental Health/Behavioral Health Services
Mental Health and Behavioral Health Services are provided through the Johnston County Health Department Behavioral Health Division.
The Johnston County Health Department Behavioral Health Division is a division of the Johnston County Health Department and is located directly behind the Johnston County Health Department. A long straight green awning covers the side walk in front of the Johnston County Health Department Behavioral Health Division.
Johnston County Health Department Behavioral Health Division
521 N. Brightleaf Blvd
Smithfield, NC 27577
Fax (919) 989-5596
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM
All services are provided on an outpatient basis and include:
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- This service allows individuals to meet initially with a psychiatrist or mid-level provider for diagnostic purposes to determine diagnoses and need for medications. An appointment is required.
- Psychiatric Re-evaluation and Medication Management
- This service allows individuals to meet regularly with a psychiatrist or mid-level provider to discuss the effectiveness of medications so that adjustments can be made. An appointment is required.
Licensed Clinician Services:
- Walk-In Crisis
- This service provides immediate face-to-face assistance by a licensed clinician for patients who present with a mental health or substance use crisis. Service is provided Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessment
- This service provides a screening performed by a licensed clinician that is used to assess an individual’s overall physical, mental, and emotional health and wellness. The CCA is used to determine the diagnosis and the needed services for a person seeking mental health and/or substance use treatment. An appointment id required.
- Individual and Group Therapy
- This service provides support and education about mental health symptoms and ways to cope with feelings, stress, and negative thinking. An appointment is required.
- Long-Acting Medication Injections
- This service provides a nurse administering a long acting anti-psychotic medication by injection. An appointment is required.
- Patient Assistance Program
- This service provides a nurse assisting patients who have limited or no income to obtain psychiatric medications for free from pharmaceutical companies.
Case Management Services:
- This service provides coordination of care with outside providers on behalf of a patient.
- This service provides help to link patients to community resources for health care, housing, education, employment, and legal issues
BH Resource Guide:
Page last updated on: September 12, 2023