Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA)

Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA)

This is a Medicaid program in which a variety of in-home and community services provide an alternative to nursing home placement for elderly or disabled adults.

Individual Eligibility Requirements: Clients must be currently receiving Medicaid. Clients must need the same level of care as someone in a nursing home.

Contact: Johnston County Social Services, 919-989-5300

All inquiries go through the DSS main number:

(919) 989-5300

This includes Food Stamps (FNS), Medicaid, Temporary Assistance Needy Families (TANF), Child Care, Child Protection, Adult Protection, Foster Parenting, Transportation, and more.

Report Child Abuse/Neglect

E-mail or call
After normal business hours, call 919-989-5000 and ask to speak with the on-call social worker.

Report Adult Abuse/Neglect

Monday through Friday 8 am through 5 pm (919) 989-5300.
After hours, weekends and holidays, please call 911 or (919) 989-5000.

Domestic Violence

Call 911 or (919) 989-5000.